Thursday, August 19, 2010

My first major attempt at reupholstering...

For my first real upholstering project, I tacked a nasty orange Sal Val chair ($10 for 2, thankyouverymuch!).

Here are some before pictures:







After ripping out approximately 1000 staples, removing the nasty old stuff, and trying once with an inappropriate (read: stretchy) fabric, I bought some awesome fabric at IKEA and hit a home run.

I think hubby might still hate them a bit...because they are so low to the ground. But the kids love it!  I haven't gotten the arms back on, but they're painted.  I'll update the post when I get around to putting them back on!



They are springy, too :)



4 comments:

  1. Love them Jody! Nice work! I kinda like them without the arms??? But I'm sure they will look great with the arms too! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this fabric so much better than the green! And it is true Gabe will be mad with arms for awhile, he likes to climb up the sides!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Neil does hate the arms :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe they are the same chairs! And I can't believe that is Evelyn! She and the chairs are lovely!

    ReplyDelete